1. Blot or scrape away excess
oil or grease.
2. Apply an absorbent cloth or
rag to the stain and leave it
for a few hours.
3. Apply a laundry pre-treatment
product, such as a stain remover,
to the stain.
4. Sponge with warm water.
If the stain is an old one, lather
a small amount of petroleum jelly
onto the stain and let it sit
for 15 minutes instead of several
Leather interiors should be cleaned
1. Remove excess oil or grease
by blotting or scraping.
2. Place a sheet of butcher paper
or a portion of a brown paper
bag on the stain, glossy side
3. Gently press the tip of a warm
iron over the affected area.
4. Lift the paper from the carpet
after the paper has absorbed the
5. Apply carpet shampoo with a
moist sponge if any residual stains
6. Wipe away the carpet shampoo
foam with a clean, dry towel.